Currently, over 40 % of emissions of carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas are released by building heating and air conditioning systems. In order to avoid irreversible climate change, it is therefore becoming urgent to reduce them by improving the thermal performance of buildings.
This was the objective set by the Kyoto Protocol and, in order to achieve it, thermal regulations have already been applied by building designers - the RT 2012 (2012 Thermal Regulations) in France, and the Energieeinsparverordnung decree in Germany)
Likewise, at work and in the home, the occupant's comfort is taken into consideration :
- Provision of natural light
- Visual comfort : limiting the disruption caused by light, preserving eyesight, etc.
- Thermal comfort : controlling heat in summer and cold spots in winter, as well as air quality
- Aesthetic appearance : With over 500 colours to choose from, the fabrics in the Mermet® collection are perfectly suited to exterior façades or interior decoration.
Sunscreen®, Screen Nature and Blockout, clever fabrics for smart buildings
These intelligent fabrics, which are transparent, Sunscreen® and Screen Nature famillies, as well as having dim out and blackout properties, Blockout family, fulfil every need in terms of solar protection.
And don't forget! Integrating the cost of solar protection right from the design stage of an office building offers 2 major advantages:
- High efficiency for a low cost outlay, thanks to its impact on employee productivity.
- Energy savings.
The fabrics in the Mermet® collection are tough enough to withstand any punishment and comply with stringent standards*, as well as being non-toxic and guaranteed lead-free. They bear the Oeko-tex standard 100 quality and Greenguard® labels.
* International fire classifications, performance requirements set by the new European standards, etc.