Several times per year, the Mermet company will inform you of:
- the latest innovations in sun protection fabrics
- recent projects completed
- new tools and services available
- events and exhibitions
Published on:Tuesday 06 September 2022
- WINSLT® : a German database and software program for calculating the photometric, solar and thermal characteristics of glazing in combination with solar shading. 100 Mermet fabrics are referenced in the base.
- ES-SDA (European Solar Shading Database) : developed by the ES-SO organization, this database provides information on fabric properties with or without glazing and for a variety of formats required on the database market (Edibatec, ESBO, EPBD, Energy Performance Indicator…). These data were validated by an independent peer-reviewing committee. 60 Mermet fabrics are referenced in the database.
Today, solar shading is a key item in the design of sustainable buildings. It helps to reduce energy consumption by cutting down on the use of heating, air conditioning and artificial lighting. It plays an equally important role for occupant well-being and comfort by simultaneously offering thermal protection, natural light management and transparency.